View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #110
HRH1948
Texan by the grace of God

HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

At the close of the Civil War, the Confederacy was in total disarray. Union deserters, freed slaves, and Confederate renegades ran rampant and were free to rape, pillage and wreak havoc at every level. An organized militia was desperately needed to preserve law and order. General Nathan Bedford Forrest, a military genius, stepped forward and either took a leadership role or was indeed a founder of the KKK. Under his leadership, the KKK doctrine was that we were once again, one nation under one flag. Their goal was to end the lawlessness and restore order. They accomplished that goal and were held in the highest esteem by citizens of both sides of the Civil War Conflict for many decades. Please view the 1915 movie, “Birth of a Nation”.

However, very early on, even the “wizard of the saddle” couldn’t contain the “The south will rise again” Confederate patriots and he withdrew from the KKK and totally distanced himself from the organization.

I have read everything that I could find on the life and times of Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, and I have never learned of anything that I couldn’t admire in his post war activities. Granted, his pre-war activities in the slave trade were questionable by today’s standards. Even so, his former enemies respected and admired him.

As far as the fictitious character, Forrest Gump, I really don’t give a rat’s ass what you thought of the movie. Tom Hank’s character was brave, honest to a fault, a faithful husband and a loving father. I admire that! If you don't, fuck you and the horse you rode up on!

As far as Donald Trump, his father secured an extraordinary education for him. It is very difficult to learn of exactly with what Trump started. However, it seems that by most sources, Trump’s father started with a heavily leveraged $500,000.00 loan and his baby boy turned that into a 10 billion dollar empire. Sounds like a self-made man with a brilliant father. Granted, he has an ego the size of New York State, but he appeals to the average American. His ego might bite him in the ass, but we will see. He is a prime example of the anti-Washington establishment political ninja. Except for his foray into professional wrestling, I truly admire him.

Most Promising Member of 2009

Best Movie Poster of 2010

Last edited by HRH1948; 07-25-2015 at 07:38 PM.
HRH1948 is offline   Reply With Quote