View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #15
adarque

adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to adarque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
First let me say what we are all feeling. The government has NO business telling me what I can or can't watch in the privacy of my home unless it involves children, animal cruelty, nonconsentual rape, etc. Especially considering what we are finding out about the private lives of some of them - who are THEY to judge ME????

It seems to me that there would be a good market for some enterprising company to figure out a way to set up a Paypal type service for adult films and other goods. I'm not particularly comfortable giving my credit card number to an adult provider - especially since so many of them are circumspect about where they are and how to reach them if there is a problem. An "honest broker" type service would be very welcome.
Unfortunately, when the founding fathers set up the country, they didn't have anything to go on regarding adult material.

It wasn't until Clintons reign as President that this was really looked into initially, and the first laws regarding obscenity etc i.e. CFR75 USC 2256 & USC 22577, COPA, The rewrite of 2257, the 4473 addendum etc that started happening. Over the last two years it has even gotten worse. I could quote cases, give you examples, the whole nine yards. But that would just open up LONG debates on things that really, there are only a few steps that can be done at this time to fight it. Trust me. I'm a corporate sponsor for the Free Speech Coalition, I've given countless radio interviews on the subject of USC 2257, and my attorney is actually on the board of directors for the Free Speech Coalition. So we all feel your pain as consumers. Trust me we do. Your money is our income!!!! and we are doing everything we can right now to get these laws eased up on. In fact, USC 2257 was recently declared unconstitutional in the 6th Circuit. But until we have it all re done, struck down, come to agreements etc. We have to live with what has happened. We are working and struggling with it every day though to get more freedom to bring you what you want!!!
adarque is offline   Reply With Quote