View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #41
Sierra
Privileged Member

Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

*sigh* I guess this subject isn't going to go away.

This is an old board with a long and storied history of ructions, ruckuses, feuds and flame wars. At one time it was one of the biggest and most active FS boards on the net with comings and goings and a core of 50-60 people who posted nearly every day and another couple hundred people who were regulars. It had the BEST movie section (sadly gone downhill since with the demise of RapidShare) and something was almost always going on here.

I agree with Touri in one sense - that people do change and grow weary of the bullshit and sometimes deserve second chances. Sometimes there are just people who wind each other up and should not be on the same board. Sometimes there are those who go through an angry period. Maradona, for example.... I'd love to see him back. I love that guy, although we fought like caged cats for a while. We talked it out later like adults and as far as I am concerned we're good. I think reinstatement for some of them might be considered, and if they ask it probably will happen.

However - remember that there are always two sides to every story and no matter what you think or have been told nobody was ever banned from this board by just one mod. It took (and takes) an agreement of the staff room. A permanent ban was rare - the person had to break some rule repeatedly, physically threaten someone, or have gone through a succession of short-term bans before a permanent ban was ever enforced. I ask that if you weren't here when it happened, don't judge the mod team past or present. Sometimes there really was no other way.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote