View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #39
touriquet2001
please delete

touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)touriquet2001 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHoney View Post
I appreciate your thoughts very much but I must say that you are not thinking objectively...

The Soviets played Cuba as a pawn to get their missiles as close to the U.S as possible. As you recall the U.S and Russia had bad blood because of the fall out after WWII.

So....why was it a bad thing to have missiles in Cuba? Dont think as an American, but think objectively. The U.S sent exiled Cubans to the island to overthrow the Castro regime. The U.S invaded Cuba. So of course Cuba would have absolute benefit from becoming allies with the Soviet Union. Nuclear missiles on the island was absolutely the most power that Castro thought necessary to go against the U.S. Cuba was a pawn between the U.S and the Soviet Union, but still were in a powerful position.

Che had little to do with the Soviet-Cuban relationship however. Cuba had Soviet support when Batista was in power.

And I understand that Che was not Jesus.

But still, what he fought for....most of us would be so lucky to have as led such an extraordinary life...to have fought for what he fought for.

May I remind you that Che was a rich physician, who abandoned his practice to pursue a life of liberation. he witnessed poverty, inequality, and came to the conclusion that what he must do, what he must pursue, would be a world revolution. I wish I would have lived his life.
you read way to much into my post . where did i comment on the right or wrong of cuba having missiles ? where did i comment on almost anything else you credit my post with saying ?

i DID state some facts as i remembered them . i thought IT was common knowledge that che acted as a diplomat and that he WAS the one that talked with the u.s.s.r. to get the missiles into cuba . same with the way he treated people he felt betrayed him or in some cases couldn't live up his ideals .

Last edited by touriquet2001; 10-03-2008 at 12:03 AM.
touriquet2001 is offline   Reply With Quote