View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #37
ChiTownHoney
Pa'l Mundo

ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by touriquet2001 View Post
just some of my thoughts on che ....

if i remember right , he played a key role in the missiles being put in cuba . you could even make the case if not for him they would not have been there . yes he fought for the people , but he was also a real son-of-a-bitch . you didn't want to cross him or do things he disapproved of , whether you were with him or against him . he has been idolized since his death , he wasn't as bad as stalin . but he wasn't this nice guy , just running around doing good either .
I appreciate your thoughts very much but I must say that you are not thinking objectively...

The Soviets played Cuba as a pawn to get their missiles as close to the U.S as possible. As you recall the U.S and Russia had bad blood because of the fall out after WWII.

So....why was it a bad thing to have missiles in Cuba? Dont think as an American, but think objectively. The U.S sent exiled Cubans to the island to overthrow the Castro regime. The U.S invaded Cuba. So of course Cuba would have absolute benefit from becoming allies with the Soviet Union. Nuclear missiles on the island was absolutely the most power that Castro thought necessary to go against the U.S. Cuba was a pawn between the U.S and the Soviet Union, but still were in a powerful position.

Che had little to do with the Soviet-Cuban relationship however. Cuba had Soviet support when Batista was in power.

And I understand that Che was not Jesus.

But still, what he fought for....most of us would be so lucky to have as led such an extraordinary life...to have fought for what he fought for.

May I remind you that Che was a rich physician, who abandoned his practice to pursue a life of liberation. he witnessed poverty, inequality, and came to the conclusion that what he must do, what he must pursue, would be a world revolution. I wish I would have lived his life.

Last edited by ChiTownHoney; 10-02-2008 at 11:45 PM.
ChiTownHoney is offline   Reply With Quote