View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Jasmine
Privileged Member

Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

The gaze of this gentleman chills me to the bone, but intriques me as well. His proposal is nothing that I haven't heard before. "Thank you for the offer, but I really must catch a plane to my next city. I will review your literature and let you know if I am interested." I say as politely as possible without sounding dismissive. I place his portolio and brochure into my case and give him a polite smile.

The truth is that I don't care for men who tell me not to speak. I prefer a two-way conversation and this guy didn't allow me to say a word until he was finished. I have worked with men like him before and find that they want the control even when they don't understand the project.

When he doesn't go, I ask, "Was there something else?"
Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote