View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #19
Stainless Steel Rat
Lord of the Labyrinth

Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze84 View Post
Mmmm, pizza
Seriously though, I'm a right noob here and did infact thank about 5 or 6 people for their vids until I started reading about all this ty spam so now I'm keepin' my gob shut until I get to grips with how things are done around here.
Welcome Kamikaze84,

If you thanked 5 or 6 people whose movies you actually downloaded there's nothing wrong with that. The folks who are proving to be such an irritation are those who simply open 10-12 threads and post a "thks" without even looking at the thread, many of the threads have no valid links or post limits above what they can see. That kind of insincerity {and there has been a great deal of it} is both annoying and causes the recently updated threads to sink down the board faster than a bullet fired down a well. The result of course is people who really want to download and enjoy the vids frustrated in their effort to find new entries and the posters frustrated by finding 2-3 pages of mindless thanks added to their thread.

The simple rule to live by when thanking a poster is "if you download it say thanks" and if you can add a bit more that's great. But don't simply go to a thread and think this looks good I'll say thanks when you don't actually download anything. Save your thanks for someone else. Despite what some folks may think {and I think I speak for most posters here} most posters post because we like sharing, and though we may seem like attention whores most of us will survive not getting praise for what we do {especially false praise}.

Cheers and happy downloading, the Stainless Steel Rat