Thread: The Rapist Team
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 04:32 AM   #20
shysnale
Neurotic Escargot

shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternenlied
Definitely.
That's one of the possible reasons they usually operate alone. Whatever it is they want to - in this case - "re-enact", it is eventually a very private matter to them (if they are aware of it at all). Most of the time they don't want to share that information. Not only would that make them face whatever painful memories/experiences they have in their head, it would also leave them in a state of helpnessless to mental urges they can't control. And that's something most people don't want to admit to (see Freud).

Yes, I have. Actually Freud is considered basic knowledge in psychology ...

But yes, that's in general what I said.
There are many different kinds of serial offenders however of course and not all of them can be connected to that particular type of serial rapist/killer but what they usually have in common is an urge to receive something special (whatever that is in their heads) from their crimes. Something they don't want to share or have demolished by the presence of others.

Well, I have only seen the rape scene from "Irreversible", never the whole movie so I don't know if there are any conclusions as to why the man raped her.
All I saw - in that scene - was a man claiming to be gay (and supposedly on drugs), who never had sex with a woman before and never felt attracted to the female body. Considering Monica Belucci has an exceptionally female figure that felt rather inconclusive to me. But then again I can only comment on that single scene.

Hypothetically speaking of a man (as an example in this case) had some childhood experiences that led him to having mental urges to rape women - experiences that somehow were shared by other people (possibly friends) - might become a serial rapist who wants to have others participate in "excorcising" his mental images.
To do that however he would have to find people who share the exact same urges and mental images to make it work. That's - although not totally impossible - highly unlikely (statistically speaking) so I would rule that possibility out.
Yeah you're probably right.
Have you been studying psychology or working in that section ?
I'm glad you show respect for Freud.
Here in France he"s got a bad reputation. People say he was a perv, and he's been considerably exagerating the influence of sex in one's mind. I don't know his whole stuff but from what I've read I really didn't feel that way. Yes he speaks about the impact of genital parts on the mind quite often, but after all, it is a major part of your body and has a huge influence on who you become so I don't find it so exagerated.
shysnale is offline   Reply With Quote