Thread: Facts & Myths
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Echo

Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Echo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default yada yada yada...

90% of my meals are planned well ahead of time.... does that mean that the biological urge known as "hunger" isn't the reason that I eat?

Don't get me wrong... I agree that rape is more of an expression of misogyny than it is of lust -- moreso for some men than for others -- but to say that it has nothing to do with sexual urges is bullshit.

The reason that rapes are planned is that they don't want to get caught. If you see a hot babe in a bar, and think "damn! I want some of that!", that's an impulsive urge. If you buy her a drink, chat her up, exchange phone numbers, call her up, see a movie, go back to her place, and boink like rabbits, that's a planned response to the initial impulsive urge. If you lurk around in the bar until closing, follow her out her car, tail her on her way home, and then jump her in her garage, that's also planned, but the impetus was the initial impulsive sexual urge back in the bar.

Some men (including myself) are turned on by the thought of humiliating and degrading a woman. Some men (not including myself) are also turned on by physically hurting women. Therefore the desire to hurt and humiliate is itself a sexual urge.

I would agree that in some cases, the rape is more of an expression of violence and less of a fulfillment of sexual urges, but in other cases it's not.

When a frat boy has sex with a girl who passed out in the back room after drinking too much, he's not using "rape as a weapon". He's doing it to get his rocks off. Any guy who would do this, of course, has a misogynistic lack of respect for women and should get counseling and jailtime, but to say that it's not a "sexual experience" or due to a biological urge is crap.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote