Thread: Euro 2008
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #41
leopolis
Invisible in daylight

leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)leopolis has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Well guys, I see just a few of you bet for different teams than the traditional ones. Who is going to win is maybe the toughest question I heard this year since last Eurocup was a pandora box: tell me how many of you could ever think Greece would win.

I think Fibonacci's choice is not that bad. I have seen the Czech and I know they have a great team. Russia -to follow Anders thoughts- can be the surprise, especially if they manage to pass the first group round -I really liked the UEFA's cup champion and some of those players are gonna be in the tournament-.

As for the rest, I consider Italy, France and Germany are always favorite. Nevertheless, Cannavaro's injury makes the Italian defense a little weak -if that is possible to be said, you know catenaccio rules-. I didn't see a really good French team against my national one (France defeated Colombia just for 1-0 and let me tell you Colombia is far away from the team of 1994, 1998 or 2002). So, I don't think they are gonna make it up to the final match. Germany is a football machine and Ballack is an outstanding player but a technical team such as Czech or Portugal can tear them apart.

Maybe Spain and the Netherlands are the other teams that can go forward into the cup. Spain is a very awkward team: they have everything to be the champions but there is something wrong with their minds and the constant dispute between Raul and their old coach (Aragonez) may affect their performance. About the Netherlands, I'm not pretty sure. As Z0di4c pointed out they probably have the best midfield and forwards but since Koeman's retirement I haven't seen a good Dutch defender -they even have now Mexicans and Brazilians playing in their best teams: PSV and Ajax. So, a good attack without defense is useless in this "modern football" times.

Therefore, my friends. I can't tell who is gonna win. I just hope we can enjoy of really good matches and that the best team -the one who play to win- can really get the cup.

Cheers,

Just another victim of fate
leopolis is offline   Reply With Quote