Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos

Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos (http://www.rapeboard.com/index.php)
-   General Rape Forum (http://www.rapeboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wow (http://www.rapeboard.com/showthread.php?t=148180)

Analise2013 06-29-2013 05:46 AM

Wow

Holy balls there is a lot of spam on here! Is this normal?

FuckingRotter 06-29-2013 05:57 AM

Not been this bad for a long time. Think the moderators must be at a gangbang and didn't invite us.

pervipete 06-29-2013 06:01 AM

Two of the spamming buggers have been busy, nearly 150 posts between them :eek:

FuckingRotter 06-29-2013 06:06 AM

The Loan family seem to have had a day off from their breeding like bacteria though.

pervipete 06-29-2013 06:09 AM

True, must be in recovery...

Analise2013 06-29-2013 06:41 AM

It took me a while to find actual posts from people.

Throatdagger 06-29-2013 09:26 AM

It is summer time so probably some pimple faced kids.

Analise2013 06-29-2013 09:49 AM

Jerks

IvoryBeast 06-29-2013 10:13 AM

I sent one of the ass-hats a friendly welcome to the board message on his wall... But it didn't seem to deter him.

Analise2013 06-29-2013 10:23 AM

Which one?

FuckingRotter 06-29-2013 10:27 AM

Fucking NHS wasting money saving spammers. What next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pervipete (Post 1281855)
True, must be in recovery...

Darksyde 06-29-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvoryBeast (Post 1281934)
I sent one of the ass-hats a friendly welcome to the board message on his wall... But it didn't seem to deter him.

That's because it was a bot, not an actual person. These ass-hats build up large botnets composed of hundreds to thousands personal computers infected with malware. Then with a few commands, they can trigger their army of bots to do all manor of nastiness from sending out thousands of spam emails, to signing up for user accounts at forums with low registration restrictions like this one.

Most forums require a valid email address to register, so they can send you a confirmation link via email to prove you're a real person. This eliminates probably over 90% of the bots. This forum chose not to implement this feature (built-in to the forum software) not because they don't care about spam, but because they felt that it would discourage a lot of potential users who'd like to join and participate, but wouldn't care to have their user accounts linked to their email address. Many of us have multiple "throwaway" email accounts for this purpose, but not all users are that knowledgeable. I'm sure we have at least a few users who are, um, "technology challenged," and have difficulty even finding the on/off switch on their computers.

I fully understand Rape Board's position on not requiring email confirmation for registration, and I'm by no means criticizing it. However, it does leave the forum far more vulnerable to attacks like the one we had last night. Everything in life is a tradeoff. On the other hand, it's clear that with programs like the U.S. NSA's PRISM, they could link your activities here back to you, email or no email, if they really wanted to.

Another spam prevention tactic the admins could consider (already built-in to the vBulletin forum software) would be requiring all posts from new users (less than a certain number of months and/or fewer than a specified number of posts) go into a "moderation queue" where they sit until a Mod reviews them. This would require some additional effort on the part of the Mods, and would incovenience legit users whose posts would be delayed for a few hours to a day or so, but it's probably no more work or inconvenience than hunting down and banning the spambots when they strike.

The Admins may have thought about this approach too, and decided against it for legitmate reasons. I'm just a lowly user like the rest of you, and not privy to the Admin's thinking on such matters, though I do have some experience in running a vBulletin forum (though mine wasn't dealing with a highly controversial subject like this one does). I'm definitely not criticizing them in any way. I think the Admins and their Mods do an excellent job, under the circumstances. But as a network admin and a tech junkie, I'm always looking for better and easier ways to do things.

:skull-bee

pervipete 06-29-2013 04:14 PM

The pre-modded idea has been discussed, was decided that it was just too much of a pain in the ass, too much extra work for what is a small mod team doing this on their own time, too much of a pain for new users, and just as likely to discourage me users as it would do spammers

Sierra 06-29-2013 04:38 PM

Darksyde, we have begged and begged to increase security on this board. It took us nearly ten YEARS to get Admin to allow certain mods to ban by IP. The fact of the matter is that this board is a marketing tool for the owners (they own Russian rape sites). There is no advantage to him/them in keeping spammers out, so it's left to moderators who have few tools and likely less time.

Still.... there is a sort of "every man for himself" feel to this place that you don't and can't get in more tightly regulated boards.

pervipete 06-29-2013 04:46 PM

True, and at least it gives us the fun of he occasional troll or spammer hunt when we are bored.

In all seriousness, this has been the worst it has been for a while, with two managing nearly 150 posts...normally its about 5 or 6 and then they are killed lol

Sierra 06-29-2013 04:54 PM

Spammers are just boring. A good troll is entertainment.

We haven't had a troll worth anything in a long time. I miss the days when we had two or three of them running rampant on the board making outrageous comments and getting everyone all stirred up.

pervipete 06-29-2013 05:15 PM

Aye, we need a good troll hunt lol

superduperf 07-06-2013 08:25 AM

Lose weight now! Ask me how!

Analise2013 07-06-2013 09:25 AM

Well that was unexpected

Sierra 07-06-2013 11:12 AM

OMG.... I laughed out loud.