Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos

Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos (http://www.rapeboard.com/index.php)
-   Idle Talk (http://www.rapeboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Don't know if this is the right place to post this (http://www.rapeboard.com/showthread.php?t=106034)

shake 11-20-2012 08:02 AM

Don't know if this is the right place to post this

Perhaps this board needs to implement a captcha system for posting? It seems like every other day or so the threads get flooded with spam until the mods delete it. I know that a captcha system is annoying, but i think it might be a necessary evil to stop the spammers from clogging up the boards. Most people on here are just lurkers anyways, and people who regularly post content might make 2-4 posts a day with said content, so putting in a captcha phrase wouldn't be a seriously huge annoyance, imo.

Perhaps people who are under a certain post or rep limit should have to enter captchas while the regular and highly rated posters could have it waived? I don't know how expensive or difficult this would be to implement, and am admittedly fairly ignorant of the details of captcha systems as well as the technical details of running a web forum.

I'm sorry if this posts seems whiny, it's just that this site is great, and it sucks that it gets flooded with spam every so often due to the site's popularity. I'm sure this is eating up time the mods could be spending on policing the more important posting rules.

PS. I know that I'm not a regular poster, and would be okay putting in a captcha every time i post, and wouldn't expect otherwise based on my rep or posting history.

TheOneSolo 11-20-2012 09:23 AM

The only person who can authorize and install such a system is admin.

I'm sure he knows what is available and his moderation team has offered suggestion in terms of slowing down or eliminating spam, though again, the decision is all his.

What we can do, is assist the moderators by posting in the "Movie Alerts thread" in the "Rape Pics and Movie Section" and list all the spammers and any other violations that we might see. This way the moderators don't have to go hunting for it, they can investigate our leads, then they can sweep the board checking for other rule violations.

I'm not really for or against your ideas per se. If something like that was implemented, it wouldn't bother me and if it helped lessen or eliminate the spam that would be a plus.

nondescript29 11-20-2012 08:35 PM

Is there one in order to start a new thread?

... Er. I don't know. Could make for slightly less work for those peeps.

..... Yeah. I said peeps.

BBConly 11-21-2012 12:34 PM

I've reported at least 20 posts as spam. The worst thing is that you are required to wait 60 seconds between each reporting, so on the days I find 7 spam posts, it takes a little while to get through them all.

TheOneSolo 11-22-2012 07:37 AM

Yeah the 60 seconds is a blessing and a curse. If it was lower, then the spammers would be able to spam harder. Trust me I know first hand, because some of my longer report sessions take an hour and half like this one http://www.rapeboard.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3154

We do what we do, and the moderators do what they do. And even when we don't do what we do, they still do what they do. That is why I give utmost respect to CR, Baur and Somedude.

pervipete 11-22-2012 01:52 PM

What about having one for a users first ten posts?

shake 11-22-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pervipete (Post 1165560)
What about having one for a users first ten posts?

The thing is, that would only bring an incentive to getting those first 10 posts in, in just generally pointless 'thanks!' comments in order to get full posting privileges, you see it happen on other threads that require say, 10-15 posts before you can view attachments or images. It wouldn't be just the commercial spammers/bots doing it, it would be every single lurker, which (like me) is usually around 90% of any board's user base.

pervipete 11-25-2012 05:55 AM

Yeah, but if we have a captcha for those posts it will cut down on the spammers, and if you are a 'lurker' how likely are you to post anyway?

snarkopo 11-25-2012 02:02 PM

I have thought there should be a time out period for new posters. i.e. their posts don't show until they have been checked by CR or whoever. Extra work for them I know but man O man we now get these guys posting dozens of links to movies it might be worth it in the end.