Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos

Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos (http://www.rapeboard.com/index.php)
-   Idle Talk (http://www.rapeboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Californian earthquake (http://www.rapeboard.com/showthread.php?t=166395)

shysnale 01-13-2014 06:03 AM

The Californian earthquake

I remember when I went in CA back in 1994 people were talking about that thing called 'The Big One', and the incoming disaster they were going to face : the entire California getting detached from the Usa land and sliding in the ocean.

This memory came to my mind today (20 years later) and I found myself wondering was the CA earthquake another Orson Welles hoax ?

Darksyde 01-13-2014 10:04 PM

Most seismologists and geologists believe that stresses are building along the San Andreas Fault system, and that eventually it will let go, triggering "The Big One." They say it could happen at any time, tonight, next week, next month, next year, or in 10, 20, 30, or 50 years. No one can predict exactly when, or just how big. They only agree that it's highly likely to happen "someday." Of course, they've been waiting for it for over 50 years already.

shysnale 01-14-2014 04:33 AM

thanks

FuckingRotter 01-16-2014 07:26 PM

Only a bunch of stupid hippies would build two of Septicemias largest cities on a massive fault line!

luvnlust 01-20-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde (Post 1359278)
Most seismologists and geologists believe that stresses are building along the San Andreas Fault system, and that eventually it will let go, triggering "The Big One." They say it could happen at any time, tonight, next week, next month, next year, or in 10, 20, 30, or 50 years. No one can predict exactly when, or just how big. They only agree that it's highly likely to happen "someday." Of course, they've been waiting for it for over 50 years already.

I mostly agree. Perhaps the 7.8 earthquake that hit San Francisco in 1906 which was triggered by the San Adreas fault might have been "The Big One". The strongest earthquake to ever hit California in history was a 7.9 at Fort Tejon in 1857. Is "The Big One" measured in magnitude or by how much damage it causes? When an 8.0 hits, is that "The Big One"? Many geological events occur in the blink of an eye as far as Earth is concerned, and what humanity experiences is just a snapshot in time. Given that, I suppose it may be a very long time before the next Big One hits - could be in another 100, 200 or 500 years. One really never knows...

Darksyde 01-20-2014 10:16 PM

Everything I've read from scientific circles relates to magnitude, rather than total damage. While the San Francisco 1906 and Fort Tejon 1857 events were "big ones" THE big one that gets all the attention is expected to be in the southern section of the San Andreas Fault system in the greater Los Angeles region, and they're defining it as an 8.0+ event. At least that's what I just read on SanAndreasFault.org. ;)