Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos

Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos (http://www.rapeboard.com/index.php)
-   Idle Talk (http://www.rapeboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ground Zero (http://www.rapeboard.com/showthread.php?t=45034)

batffink 08-20-2010 04:56 AM

Ground Zero

You guys know me by now. Not trying to be controversial but how do you Americans feel about current plans to have a mosque built near Ground Zero?

I read in the news recently that New Yorkers are up in arms about it. I know how I'd feel but how do citizens of the USA feel?

jwham 08-20-2010 06:39 AM

Ground Zero is hollowed ground most Americans feel, as do I, and to build a Mosque near it is like rubbing salt in an open wound, it is a bad move by Muslims who are pressing for wider acceptance in the USA, winning in the court of law will not improve their image with the American people, but rather incite more mistrust of Islamic religion. It will be argued that the Mosque is for moderate Muslims, but so called ‘moderate’ Muslims do not speak for Islam and have no authority to change that mandate which the Quran mandates all Muslims to wage jihad against all non Muslims until Islam dominates the earth. The history of Islam shows clearly that Muslims have always understood and followed that mandate. Millions of Muslims today are doing the same thing.

FuckingRotter 08-20-2010 08:21 AM

Let them build it then fly a plane into the cunt. Or pour on vodka, set it alight and have a hog roast.

Sierra 08-20-2010 10:16 AM

Although FR puts is more colorfully than I would, I would have to agree.

It's ill-advised and in poor taste at best - a shocking slap in the face at worst.

Crotch_Ripper 08-20-2010 10:28 AM

As someone who people affected by the cleanup of 9/11 I will state this. Its not only outrageous its a slap in the face to every American.

And I also notice it seems to be a large amount of left leaning people who want this. These are the same ones who bash Christianity at every turn.

I work with two Muslims they are APPALLED by this. This is done under the guise of healing. If they truly want to help heal the wounds between Muslims & the US, show the families and victims of 9/11 some respect.

Build the fucking thing someplace else.

somedude 08-20-2010 03:58 PM

I'm going to have to post the descenting US/American view here! Personally I think it would be a great symbol of unity between American Muslims and the rest of us Americans to have a mosque that close to ground zero. It would be a statement that we here in the US truly believe in religious freedom and of unity against religious extremists of all creeds and that we are willing to stand together against them! Of course its looking like do to a total lack of finances the mosque and center will never be build anyhow. And this is a great example of how completely non-vital wedge issues are used to keep people distracted from the shitburger we're really in and no one is doing anything about really!

Crotch_Ripper 08-20-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somedude (Post 523761)
I'm going to have to post the descenting US/American view here! Personally I think it would be a great symbol of unity between American Muslims and the rest of us Americans to have a mosque that close to ground zero. It would be a statement that we here in the US truly believe in religious freedom and of unity against religious extremists of all creeds and that we are willing to stand together against them! Of course its looking like do to a total lack of finances the mosque and center will never be build anyhow. And this is a great example of how completely non-vital wedge issues are used to keep people distracted from the shitburger we're really in and no one is doing anything about really!

SD We will certainly agree that this is all "Bread & Circuses"

somedude 08-20-2010 04:13 PM

Or I-Pods and Dancing With The Stars!

FuckingRotter 08-20-2010 04:27 PM

It would be a greater statement of freedom if no place of worship, or of commerce, was built there. Turf it, plant some trees, leave a small tasteful memorial and let the world move on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by somedude (Post 523761)

batffink 08-21-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuckingRotter (Post 523781)
It would be a greater statement of freedom if no place of worship, or of commerce, was built there. Turf it, plant some trees, leave a small tasteful memorial and let the world move on.

"tasteful"

Now that is a nearly unknown word in America. If it came to "tasteful" versus "land at a zillion dollars a square metre" in downtown Manhattan, "tasteful" would come in a long distand second.

FuckingRotter 08-21-2010 02:44 AM

*chuckle*

Not of course that we should expect our Septic cousins to take a blind bit of notice of what us old worlders think. They will continue to carve their own path in the world. Good luck to them I say, if they can live with the consequences.

America. Dazzling, loud, often completely tasteless, somewhat troubling in their enthusiasm for spreading their confused philosophy of freedom. Strikes me as a naive country, I sincerely hope their love for democracy isn't their undoing just because not all the world sees it their way.

jwham 08-21-2010 07:57 AM

America is a nation that rose out of farmers with rifles, grit and clever tactics, we beat at the time the strongest army and nation in the world, and yes we are a proud people, who march to the beat of our own drum, some may call that tastless. I think the problem that people have with America is that we were born from a rebellious movement, so we naturally hate government takeover. Which is so different from Western Europe which seems to be okay with the government running most things.

snarkopo 08-21-2010 11:52 AM

As always, Batffink stirring up the shit....

I am inclined to believe that most Muslims are peaceful and just want to live and let live. I think it would be rather obvious if they weren't. And that they find terrorism as abhorrent as anyone else. Pretty much like the rest of us. It's unfortunate for both them and non-Muslims that the people who get all the attention are the lunatics. But that's the nature of religion and why I generally despise it.

So in an idealistic frame of mind I say build a mosque AT ground zero. As a reminder to Muslims, and anyone who calls themselves religious, of what can happen when radicals are given a credible ear.
We have a choice to either show them, and the world, that we are serious about freedom and welcome all, or to tell them to fuck off and get outta town.

If we tell them to get lost, we only alienate those who are indeed moderate. And we will possibly foster even more hate. If, on the other hand, we allow the Mosque, it would show we are not giving in to the extremists. That we will not be deceived by a bunch of murderers who would probably like nothing more than to drive a wedge between all Muslims and non-Muslims. That in the end, is how these assholes get their power.

But, that's just my thinking on a good day.

jwham 08-21-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarkopo (Post 524333)
So in an idealistic frame of mind I say build a mosque AT ground zero. As a reminder to Muslims, and anyone who calls themselves religious, of what can happen when radicals are given a credible ear.
We have a choice to either show them, and the world, that we are serious about freedom and welcome all, or to tell them to fuck off and get outta town.

If we tell them to get lost, we only alienate those who are indeed moderate. And we will possibly foster even more hate. If, on the other hand, we allow the Mosque, it would show we are not giving in to the extremists. That we will not be deceived by a bunch of murders who would probably like nothing more than to drive a wedge between all Muslims and non-Muslims. That in the end, is how these assholes get their power.

I can go along with that Snarkopo, as long as a Baptist Church is built on one side of the Mosque, and a Jewish Synagogue is built on the other side of the Mosque, but I doubt that the Muslims would like the idea. But that is just my opinion.

snarkopo 08-21-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwham (Post 524350)
I can go along with that Snarkopo, as long as a Baptist Church is built on one side of the Mosque, and a Jewish Synagogue is built on the other side of the Mosque, but I doubt that the Muslims would like the idea. But that is just my opinion.

Not a bad idea actually. Add a Greek Orthodox and Roman catholic church and we could have the pentagon of faith! That sounds creepy actually but might be a good thing anyway.

batffink 08-21-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwham (Post 524221)
America is a nation that rose out of farmers with rifles, grit and clever tactics, we beat at the time the strongest army and nation in the world, and yes we are a proud people, who march to the beat of our own drum, some may call that tastless. I think the problem that people have with America is that we were born from a rebellious movement, so we naturally hate government takeover. Which is so different from Western Europe which seems to be okay with the government running most things.

Do you honestly think that the government doesn't run your whole life in the USA Jwham?
Man, you're living in a dreamworld. And yes! you did beat the strongest army in the world - with the help of the French, the Spanish and the Indians.
You were all British at the time anyway.

somedude 08-21-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarkopo (Post 524333)
As always, Batffink stirring up the shit....

I am inclined to believe that most Muslims are peaceful and just want to live and let live. I think it would be rather obvious if they weren't. And that they find terrorism as abhorrent an anyone else. Pretty much like the rest of us. It's unfortunate for both them and non-Muslims that the people who get all the attention are the lunatics. But that's the nature of religion and why I generally despise it.

If we tell them to get lost, we only alienate those who are indeed moderate. And we will possibly foster even more hate. If, on the other hand, we allow the Mosque, it would show we are not giving in to the extremists. That we will not be deceived by a bunch of murders who would probably like nothing more than to drive a wedge between all Muslims and non-Muslims. That in the end, is how these assholes get their power.

But, that's just my thinking on a good day.

I agree with you most heartily on this! By supporting moderate Muslims in their wish to built the center and mosque we in fact defeat the forces of radical Islam by showing all of Islam we accept their faith and do not paint all Muslims are terrorist. Inclusion and not exclusion is the path to defeating religious extremism!

snarkopo 08-21-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batffink (Post 524476)
Do you honestly think that the government doesn't run your whole life in the USA Jwham?
Man, you're living in a dreamworld. And yes! you did beat the strongest army in the world - with the help of the French, the Spanish and the Indians.

What counts is that we stood up to them.

Who cares if we had help from the French, Spanish, Indians or the aliens from alpha centuri - yes they helped as well but we never told anyone.

jwham 08-21-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batffink (Post 524476)

The French sent a token amount of 6,000 soldiers, which were of great help, but their main support was maritime in nature, and that was the real help.

Spain did not help, until much later, for they saw the American revolution as threatening the legitimacy of the Spanish Crown in its own Latin American colonies. Spain's help came in the form that they loaned (and even gave, no strings attached!) money to the US to fund the revolution. Spain also allowed the US to take advantage of Spanish trade and merchant ships as to send war materials.

The English government had the Quebec Act, restraining colonial expansion into the territory reserved to the Indians, Chief Joseph Brant, the Mohawk, after returning from England, where he was warmly received and highly honored, was convinced that the Indian future lay with the British Crown and not with the American colonists.Brant succeeded in getting four of the six Iroquois nations to take up the hatchet against the Americans. Only the Oneida and the Tuscarora refused.

The British hired Hessians and Germans into British regiments, and the use of a Scottish brigade in the pay of Holland, and attempts were made to procure 20,000 mercenaries from Russia, so they need help as well.

snarkopo 08-22-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somedude (Post 524479)
I agree with you most heartily on this! By supporting moderate Muslims in their wish to built the center and mosque we in fact defeat the forces of radical Islam by showing all of Islam we accept their faith and do not paint all Muslims are terrorist.

Yes. Damn! you said in 3 sentences what it took me 2 paragraphs.

"Inclusion and not exclusion is the path to defeating religious extremism!"
That's how the Romans did it.