PDA

View Full Version : damn!

Akirana
09-29-2007, 03:34 PM
you know... not to sound insulting... cause i don't mean to insult anyone... but DAMN!!! sometimes some of you peoples english sucks more then mine does!
i thought i wasn't all too good in english, wich would be understandable seeing that i'm from the netherlands... but i see peoples that are from the states and having worse english then me! OMG!!
anyways... i wanna press on the not insulting anyone thing... it's just something i notice... not only on here lol

love ya'll :D

touriquet2000
09-29-2007, 05:55 PM
so who of us ugly americans are you talking about ? you made the statement , least you can do is give some names .

jack-the-ripa
09-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Hell, even I have better English skills than some of you... and I'm from fuckin' Dracula's counties... :skull-big :skull-tic

Akirana
09-29-2007, 06:43 PM
see... that's what i mean lol :P

Akirana
09-29-2007, 06:45 PM
so who of us ugly americans are you talking about ? you made the statement , least you can do is give some names .
i was just noticing that with alot of american/english people bro... and it's really not meant as an insult >.> just an observation i made in general + i'm half american myself... so i kinda am part of those "ugly americans" as far as i'm considered lol and because of that general observation and not intending on insulting people i will not mention any names :D

sindyloo
09-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Aww its okay us ugly americans wont mind! Our language has gone to hell in just the last ten years as well as spelling!

Esp our slang where you dont know what some one is saying any more!?? And words change from region to region along with all the accents here.

Dont be rom the west coast and drive thru Maine and get directions...like holy crap what did they say??:eek: :D

But the biggest enemy of proper English here in the states is our Public Education system!!:rolleyes: :D

touriquet2000
09-30-2007, 12:25 AM
i don't know i think we all could find something to look down your noses about if we tried . and yes lord knows us americans are bad about doing that . :D ;) :)

Akirana
09-30-2007, 03:18 AM
hahaha... can't stop laughing in agreement lol

ego
09-30-2007, 05:25 AM
People, we are in front of a new era for the english language!

It was the England's english, then the America's english, now let the World Wide Web's english to begin!

I mean lol!......or better..LMAO!. Rolf.gif also, why not?!!

SecretObsession
09-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Aww its okay us ugly americans wont mind! Our language has gone to hell in just the last ten years as well as spelling!

But the biggest enemy of proper English here in the states is our Public Education system!!:rolleyes: :D

I couldn't agree more.
I see it as the dumbing down of America on a wide scale.

Darkman
09-30-2007, 11:20 PM
look when you type loads of replies, you get a bit careless, i mean does it really fuckin matter?

Akirana
10-01-2007, 02:37 AM
i don't know... i just always do my best to speak/write properly lol
maybe it's because i write poems and raplyrics and stuff :D

Ntense
10-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Have ya heard Cockney lately? I need subtitles for many of the 'English' dialects.

And yep, I write the way I speak on purpose 'cos I'm being sociable. If I'm writing a report or something official, I flip over into 'college mode' with exact spelling and punctuation. Unlike most Americans, I know where to put the damned apostrophe. (sigh)

I blame TV, as well as the liberal idiots that honestly wanted to make 'jive' (or what the fuck ever they're calling it now) an official dialect (see Airplane (http://imdb.com/title/tt0080339/quotes)). If you choose to not speak common English then I have NO fucking sympathy for you if you don't get the job. It ain't racism, it's COMPREHENSION. While on a trip to France and England I could not tell what race the speaker was over the phone. How refreshing: that particular flavor of idiocy is only local.
</rant> :skull-win

touriquet2000
10-01-2007, 08:31 AM
yep , while the school system has never been good , it has become quite worse in this age of PC . and yes with rap and jive and .... all the other bullshit , it has gotten alot worse here in the u.s. . but i'm sure if we talked to someone from somewhere else they would say much the same about their country . most goverments just don't care about it . some do , but not many would be my bet . and yes i'm quite sure my english isn't the best , but it is good enough for my neck of the woods . if you don't like the way i talk , then don't talk to me . :D ;)

Darkman
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
funny coz i teach english but talkz bad haha me not stupid though

Akirana
10-03-2007, 01:32 PM
shit... i just realized that even i am guilty of this fact :D *ashamed* lol

Ntense
10-03-2007, 06:07 PM
*You* have a fantastic excuse... it's a second or third language for you! There's no excuse for the people that grow up in English-speaking countries, though. Hell, half of the people here don't even have good PRIMARY language skills, and only a small percentage have a second!! If your own people can't understand you clearly, then you're functionally disabled where you live.

Akirana
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
haha... i was brought up with both languages... my dad is an american :)
so i've always kinda talked dutchlish :D
but i'd say sometimes my writing skills are better in english then in dutch.
also... english is a simpler language then dutch... sometimes when you have like 2 words to describe a thing... we have like a whole sentance for it >.>