PDA

View Full Version : why does rapid share seem to be down a lot

dominantuk
02-02-2007, 12:21 PM
title says it all.

Wiz
02-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I have downloaded quite a few vids from RS.com over the past few days, and RS has been "up" for me on every occasion. Perhaps I've just been lucky. I have noticed, however, that Fapomatic.com has been quite flakey as of late.

clan_hunter
02-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Personally i have not had a propblem with RS either.

OldPig
02-03-2007, 01:07 PM
And, thanks to the contributors, I :skull-smi dl :skull-big a lot ....

atefec
02-04-2007, 03:33 PM
RS works fine for me. No problems at all and full bandwidth for downloading! It's worth every single cent!

dominantuk
02-05-2007, 06:56 AM
since friday, i have not been able to download anything from RS, i dont have a premium account, but will download up to my limit, im ok with that, but why does the links open then hang and do nothing, im on 10mBS broadband, i dont get it.

Wiz
02-05-2007, 09:39 AM
since friday, i have not been able to download anything from RS, i dont have a premium account, but will download up to my limit, im ok with that, but why does the links open then hang and do nothing, im on 10mBS broadband, i dont get it.

Just a guess, but I'd say it's about frustrating the hell out of you so that you'll become a premium member. When RS deleted a bunch of my vids, I uploaded vids to megarotic for a short time. Then some members said they couldn't download from megarotic and asked me to go back to RS. Can't win :(

kinkyone
02-05-2007, 02:33 PM

Have you installed any new java related software recently .... may be it's screweing your java software and thus the image varification is not loading ?

not very tech
kinky

(kinda reminds of old Grm :D)

Sodoman
02-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Also maybe you should run a virus or spyware scan to see if you have a gremlin throwing a monkey wrench into your dl plan.

I've had no probs lately dl'ing from RS and I don't have an account anymore either.

They do occassionally purge their system and delete files that have been complained about or that are inactive. However, it would not take much longer than 20 minutes to an hour for their service to be back up.

Hope you get your problem solved.

Spytrx
02-06-2007, 06:41 AM
I take it you are from the UK, right?

there are a lot of issues with BT, NTL and Telewest users accessing Rapidshare.com at certain times (most of the day really) - this can be cicumvented though by doing the following simple trick:
instead of using
http://rapidshare.{restofyourlink}
use
https://rapidshare.{restofyourlink} in your browser or
https://ssl.rapidshare.{restofyourlink} in FlashGet

should work for anybody else as well, but we in the UK have this problem for a while now (started weeks ago in Cornwall) and it is spreading through the country

hth - let me know how you get on, I might have one or two other tips if that fails (given you give me the error you encounter)...

dominantuk
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
ive only just tried it thanks, top tip spytrx

many thanks to you all for your posts.