PDA

View Full Version : 2 many requests 2 few contributions

Sanitarium
01-22-2007, 10:08 AM
I am sorry for this topic but I see too many requests for pics or videos especialy from people who didn't contribute to the board at all.

I don't want to complain about anything but I think that the very first post of a member should not be a request. I know we are here just for our fun and nothing more but I think uploaders deserve some "thank you" posts first rather than "I want this" or "I want that" from the 0 uploaders.

Maybe I am expecting too much but ... it takes time to upload all those things you know. And I don't speak only for myself. I think that most of the contributors here would like to see more "thank you" post on their threads.

If I am mistaken I am sorry folks. I won't bring that up again.

ego
01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
The worst is that people require things that already exist.
Do a search guys....

ego
01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
There is a rep button there, as reward.
Its not something important, its not nothing either.

TeenSpirit
01-22-2007, 02:08 PM
har-har There is a rep button there, as reward.
Its not something important, its not nothing either.

you are right, although i think that the difference between that button and two new files is the same as between a girl sending you off with a good-night kiss instead of inviting you for "a coffee" :skull-big :skull-big :skull-big :skull-big :skull-big :skull-big :skull-big

Sanitarium
01-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Well guys ... my complain was very very simple.

We offer what we have just to make people happy. I would be a liar if I say that I was never download anything. Of course we want someone to post thing we don't have in our collection. But in most cases a small simple "thanks" will be enough. My problem wasn't the lurking people but those who raises requests (flooding the board sometimes) without replying to any post here.

It's like sayng:
"OK. I took everything you have here! Now give me this!"

It's kind of rude, don't you think?

Come on people I know you can do better than this!

Sanitarium
01-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Thank you :D

You're welcome! :D

Sanitarium
01-22-2007, 05:26 PM
@ mods

How about creating a sticky request thread so people post their requests there? In that way the board will remain clean and not flooded by requesting posts. Just an idea.

TeenSpirit
01-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I apologize for this other post (whoever read it before i deleted it) -it was too... whatever

And: I support Sanitarium's idea... :skull-thu

Ragman
01-22-2007, 06:25 PM
I for one truley appreciate all of the uploaders. I don't post requests But I can see why you would be frustrated. If I had something to upload I would, and I am trying too, I think part of the problem is that everything I have.. I got from these boards.

I guess I will take this oppertunity to say thank you to all of the posters I have leeched from. If I ever fenagle something worth posting I will...

arkblazer
01-23-2007, 03:04 AM
well then... on behalf of all lurker heres, let me thank you and everyone else^^

dont take it personally that wedont post is just that many of us are just too shy

anyway i have tried to contribute, thing is i dont know how to upload from rapidshare...

Sodoman
01-23-2007, 04:24 AM
Sanitarium, I may take you up on your offer to make a sticky for requests! :D This will put the requests all in one place and not only will the forum be less cluttered but so will movie threads, in general!

ego
01-23-2007, 08:56 AM
I apologize for this other post (whoever read it before i deleted it) -it was too... whatever

I found it correct.Why delete it?

TeenSpirit
01-23-2007, 01:10 PM
loosing energy about something by discussing it...

...i'll better invest energy in trying to prevent that things happen this way :)

atefec
01-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I am sorry for this topic but I see too many requests for pics or videos especialy from people who didn't contribute to the board at all.

I don't want to complain about anything but I think that the very first post of a member should not be a request. I know we are here just for our fun and nothing more but I think uploaders deserve some "thank you" posts first rather than "I want this" or "I want that" from the 0 uploaders.

Maybe I am expecting too much but ... it takes time to upload all those things you know. And I don't speak only for myself. I think that most of the contributors here would like to see more "thank you" post on their threads.

If I am mistaken I am sorry folks. I won't bring that up again.

I absolutely agree! I actually received a pm from a zero-post-member with a request for a vid. Another one asked me to send him an dvd with the collection of my vids. :skull-rol

It's doesn't require great effort to write two words like "thank you" while downloading. I know other boards where you can't access the interesting sections until you have a specific number of posts...

Sanitarium
01-25-2007, 07:24 AM
And thanks a lot for the uncommented, unsigned and unamed negative rep points.

As I see it someone here not only finds very difficult to say thanks but hates all others who don't and votes against the polite spirit of this great board.

Be happy my dear unknown voter.

Salamander
01-25-2007, 09:35 AM
@ Sanitarium:

Hello, I agree with your opinion.

I think it is impertinent to call for a special vid or pic, in the fact, that there is no other posting on the board.

But...
I'm a new member...
and it is really ok for me, when I say "Thank you", when you share a vid or pic with me or all the other members here.

But only to say "Thank you" is all that I can do.

Because I'm a new member, I haven't any vid or pic of rape, so what can I share with you. I would do it, if I could.

So the only way for me to get any vids or pics is to ask for and to say "Thank you". What else can I do.

And there is one more reason for me, why I don't participate on uploading. I don't know what is legal and what is not legal. I don't know what happened to me, when I will upload a video. Impose a fine on me? Prison? Or what else? So I'm a little bit scared for that. And I think it the same for many other new members.

So when I do nothing, but only asking for some post, don't be angry with me, I do it in good faith.

Thank you !

Sanitarium
01-25-2007, 09:49 AM
@ Sanitarium:

Hello, I agree with your opinion.

I think it is impertinent to call for a special vid or pic, in the fact, that there is no other posting on the board.

But...
I'm a new member...
and it is really ok for me, when I say "Thank you", when you share a vid or pic with me or all the other members here.

But only to say "Thank you" is all that I can do.

Because I'm a new member, I haven't any vid or pic of rape, so what can I share with you. I would do it, if I could.

So the only way for me to get any vids or pics is to ask for and to say "Thank you". What else can I do.

And there is one more reason for me, why I don't participate on uploading. I don't know what is legal and what is not legal. I don't know what happened to me, when I will upload a video. Impose a fine on me? Prison? Or what else? So I'm a little bit scared for that. And I think it the same for many other new members.

So when I do nothing, but only asking for some post, don't be angry with me, I do it in good faith.

Thank you !
@ Salamander

Did I ever asked anything in return for my posts except some "thank you" replies? No my friend. Just an answer saying "thanks" is enough. And I am not angry with you or with anybody else. Don't worry about it and never feel guilty because you cannot post anything or you have nothing to share in this board mate!

Remeber the geatest gifts are the free gifts!
Just a "thanks" is more than enough.

Have a nice day

at946
01-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Yes, It's so easy to forget to say" Thank You". Myself ,being elderly ,have great difficulties with computers, and most of the vids I've got have been downloaded already.

Anyway, Thanks!! to all the contributors .I appreciate the work you put in to make this an exiting site for us,especially we computer illiterates.
Eric Smith :)

Sanitarium
01-27-2007, 04:48 PM
And thanks again my unknown fan for the negative rep points about my post #16 of this thread.

I see you don't even have the dignity to tell me in the face that you don't agree with me. You prefer to hide. What can I say? All cowards do the same thing. Hit and run. Run and hide.
So go hide little man.
I only care for rep points given for the right and serious reasons.
And be sure you are no right neither serious.
So keep on voting dear dumpy!

As I said in another thread. I am proposing to the mods to modify the scripts of the board so the rep points will always be automatically signed by the system.

menace
01-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Idon't write a "thank you" post for everything I download, but when it's something very good/rare I do that. Same goes for the contributors I downloaded many things from.

And I hope at least someone remebers the few files I have shared ;)

Sanitarium
01-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Idon't write a "thank you" post for everything I download, but when it's something very good/rare I do that. Same goes for the contributors I downloaded many things from.

And I hope at least someone remebers the few files I have shared ;)

But of course you shouldn't write "thank you" for everything !!!!
In that case all the threads would be flooded with "thank you" messages.
With your number of posts and the rep you have you don't deserve to explain anything to me my friend.

I was only talking about those people with 0 posts requesting things without thank the posters at all.

Take care :skull-win

kamikaze
01-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Man you're totally right Sanitarium,
you don't how great you are until somebody tells you that, and THAT'S why we should all be thanking you guys for all that you've done, so her it goes

THANK YOU!!!! :D

chico101
01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
I agree to sanitarium i know i havent contributed the same amount as some of the contributers here but looking at some of my videos each videos have been downloaded more then 2000 times ans yet i only got thanked from a couple people and most of the people that thanked me are fellow contributers.

i dont really want to seem bitchy but come on its the least you can do if you downloaded some1 hard work is the write a 2 word post "thank you"

on this other site i go to to be able to see some1 links you are required to say thanks first i think the admin should do same here. Just my opinion.

lordsyn
01-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Wow. Lol i've been away a few days and whats going on here? =P

Yeah i sort of realized Sanitarium and Teen have some huge ass posting going on, I have downloaded most your stuff San. I'm getting around to Teen's stuff now =D

I've posted a few here With those i tried my best to cross reference them making sure they were not possible reposts.

Anything new i find would basically be from torrent sites. which most users would have here but may not actually post. I'd also only really post anything if i find it to be post worthy. I know everyones taste is slightly different. But i'm not about to download something i don't even wanna see. =)

All the posters here do a terrific job since the thanks we get is minimal for the 2 hours + of uploading on one single video that some of us have to do.

Maybe we could introduce a sort of Upload/Download scheme to reserve your ticket you have to have posted X amount of vids or have a rep level above x amount?

Would that even be possible.?

Sanitarium
01-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Wow. Lol i've been away a few days and whats going on here? =P

Yeah i sort of realized Sanitarium and Teen have some huge ass posting going on, I have downloaded most your stuff San. I'm getting around to Teen's stuff now =D

I've posted a few here With those i tried my best to cross reference them making sure they were not possible reposts.

Anything new i find would basically be from torrent sites. which most users would have here but may not actually post. I'd also only really post anything if i find it to be post worthy. I know everyones taste is slightly different. But i'm not about to download something i don't even wanna see. =)

All the posters here do a terrific job since the thanks we get is minimal for the 2 hours + of uploading on one single video that some of us have to do.

Maybe we could introduce a sort of Upload/Download scheme to reserve your ticket you have to have posted X amount of vids or have a rep level above x amount?

Would that even be possible.?

Well thanks for the kind words lord.

The only reason I choose to post my things in here at the first time was that this board were 100% free. No post amount required to reach a new suboard, no number of replies, no nothing. Everything was and is free to anyone. And that's the way I like the things to be in every board. Putting restrictions is like spliting the people in ategories and I don't agree with that.

What about all those poor people who do not anything to share, or they are on the very beginning of their collection? They deserve nothing? Push them to go elsewhere? Why?

The only thing I would like to see here and everywhere else on the Net is a nice, good hearted spirit. If someone needs 10$ and someone else give him the money, then the first one wouldn't say thanks? I guess he would. So why some people act differently in here? That's all I'm saying.

I don't want anything to be done about that because I am against restrictions of any kind. And that of course is my personal opinion.

blah blah blah ... I wrote too much again. Anyway, thanks again for your kind words and I'm glad to see that there are still people who can understand what I am saying, even with that crapy english of mine. :skull-red

Take care!

MiCoX
01-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Personally I think it would be a bad idea to introduce a ratio system.

Let's face it - the world is full of givers and takers. I know that there are more takers than givers; but I believe that's caused by the human nature.

File sharing systems such as Bit Torrent, eDonkey and others have the exact same problems.

One of the big problems with most ratio systems is that the typical takers will just upload pure junk which can severly degrade even the best system.

Personally I have several reasons to upload content but it's not because I expect to get anything back - sure, it's nice when I do; but I do it because I want to share what I feel is great content with people I know will appreciate it.

So a thank you or a reputation click is all I ask...

TeenSpirit
01-30-2007, 02:07 PM
wow... i should get MiCoX as slave secretary :skull-big

he is able to describe the "quinta essencia" :) of a problem in two/three straight, short sentences. when I tried to explain that in my deleted post, I spent at least four times the words without bringing it so exactly to the point :skull-big

sry... i am not allowed to spent reps to the people that deserve it at the moment ^^

Sanitarium
01-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Personally I think it would be a bad idea to introduce a ratio system.

Let's face it - the world is full of givers and takers. I know that there are more takers than givers; but I believe that's caused by the human nature.

File sharing systems such as Bit Torrent, eDonkey and others have the exact same problems.

One of the big problems with most ratio systems is that the typical takers will just upload pure junk which can severly degrade even the best system.

Personally I have several reasons to upload content but it's not because I expect to get anything back - sure, it's nice when I do; but I do it because I want to share what I feel is great content with people I know will appreciate it.

So a thank you or a reputation click is all I ask...

100% agree with you MiCox!
:skull-thu :skull-thu

MiCoX
01-31-2007, 02:50 AM
wow... i should get MiCoX as slave secretary

Hehehe :skull-big

lordsyn
02-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Understood. haha. I notice everyone does a lot of work. I don't exactly have a huge collection. But the ones i do have are pure gold in my eyes.

However i'm going to be adding 1 or 2 more within the next few days. finally torrent searches have paid off!

Man it takes weeks for me to find something even i like. haha. this board has been very helpful and allowed me to find a lot of stuff i like without waiting weeks on end for a torrent to come around that i like.

Rep might be the only way actually thinking about what i said it doesnt sound logical =)

chico101
02-02-2007, 09:53 AM
this might sound like a dumb question to a few but how do you get rep points?? i dont think its about post count cause i seen some1 with 5 post but have 40 rep points.

and what does rep points give you??

Sanitarium
02-02-2007, 10:04 AM
this might sound like a dumb question to a few but how do you get rep points?? i dont think its about post count cause i seen some1 with 5 post but have 40 rep points.

and what does rep points give you??

There is an icon under the avatar on your left presenting an old scale. If you press this you will be directed to the section where you can give rep points.

If you go to the UserCP section you can see how many rep points you have and maybe the person who gave them.

chico101
02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
ohh ok. but does the rep points give you something?? since i see that some people dont want to waste their rep points or something??

innocent
02-02-2007, 03:12 PM
a combined post and rep level gives you access to being a priviledged member. (see members info threads in general forum for full info as to levels.)
this in turn allows you to customise your user title...see mine..pistol packing mama
it also gives you a larger size for your avatar.
other than that it just means you have a damn good standing on the board which is taken into account if ever any serious issues were to arise. dont ask me what as so far we havent had any while i been a mod!
most people just use rep as a tool to show how people feel about their contribution to the board.

chico101
02-02-2007, 03:46 PM
oh ok thnx for the explaination

Crotch_Ripper
02-10-2007, 10:20 PM
As a new member I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to all those who have taken their time/effort to upload all these wonderful files. It make this a very unique place in "cyber" space.