PDA

View Full Version : Limewire...

theman
12-25-2006, 07:52 PM
So I used to download a lot of vids from limewire, but recently it's stopped working. It won't connect to the uploader at all on any downloads except music works fine, so I'm wondering if it's a problem with limewire or my PC/ISP...

Anyone else use limewire for movies? And if you do has it stopped connecting on movies?

Bobington
12-26-2006, 04:25 AM
Limewire was taken down a few weeks ago. As far as I know, it won't be coming back.

I used to get some good vids from there too. I'm sad to see it gone.

Spytrx
12-26-2006, 05:20 AM
I am sorry, but I am not sure what you are saying there Bobington - Limewire is active and you can get what you want, need...
http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml
Screenshot taken at time of posting:
http://i16.tinypic.com/2mi5hl3.jpg

theman, have you recently updated or activated your Firewall? That could be the culprit. Update your copy of Limewire as well and have another go at it - PM me if any more problems...

larry6
12-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I've been using limewire nearly every day for the past month and I have no problems either finding what I want. Sometimes it takes about two or three trys until it connects for me, but, it always does and it's working fine for me.

Bobington
12-26-2006, 06:28 AM
My bad - I heard from several people it was down, but I guess they were mistaken. Thanks for the correction.

Sodoman
12-26-2006, 06:41 AM
Too be honest, I tried limewire and I didn't like it for movies at all, now I was using the free version and not the limewire pro, pay version. I've also used BearShare and I got some decent stuff off of there, even using the free version but you really don't see much new stuff pop up very often using the free version. I now have Shareaza and it's ok and I've gotten some stuff from there but it's slow as hell. Mostly I've use the free versions for music, but a perv like me can't resist searching the movies too. lmao.

Spytrx
12-26-2006, 09:52 AM
you can't beat NewsGroups for really new stuff... ;)

Pittbull
12-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Here's a link for limewire pro if you want to try this...
1 rar archive
http://rapidshare.com/files/9010517/Limewire_PRO_4.13.0.zip

Moderators feel free to delete this if you feel this is off topic:skull-win

theman
12-27-2006, 03:28 AM
I know for sure it isn't my firewall, cause I don't have one. Also I pointed my routers DMZ at my computer and enabled it, and that didn't work so I hooked my computer straight to my modem... I've got the newest version of LW and nothing has worked... I suspect it's my ISP, but I don't know why they would have done this change recently...

Spytrx
12-27-2006, 05:29 AM
if you use WinXp you have a firewall - it is usually enabled by default - have a look under your security settings

theman
12-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Yes, I know about that firewall. I run a web/ftp/email/mysql/mssql server so I know my way around the basics of ports lol... I think it is my ISP cause I asked a friend just now if they can download movies on LW and they said no, and they used to be able to as well...

The weird thing is, I dont know how only movies could not work, since they transfer over the same port as songs and everything else, and songs work fine...

Warlord
12-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Do you use BitTorrent or another torrent program? If so kill the process and try limewire again. I know for a fact that torrent programs can stop limewire from connecting then other times allow it to work fine...

theman
12-27-2006, 10:36 PM
I hate torrent programs and avoid torrents at all costs. I virus scan my comp every night, and have tried LW with no firewall and my comp wired straight to my modem... Also, my laptop has the same problem, as well as my friend who has the same ISP... Maybe I'll call my isp tomorrow and ask them lmao.