PDA

View Full Version : Instructions to Unrar - Join etc.

Sanitarium
12-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi there

I'm writing this post because I got some questions about decompressing or joining files. Maybe this will become handy to some people. If mods judge this in not the place to post this thread please remove, replace or delete it.

OK Let's start.

First of all you need to download a file following a link of a topic here.

Most of the files are hosted into rapidshare (.de or .com). If you do not have a premium account you still can download files but you will have to wait 1 hour for each file.

Most of the uncompressed files are in Avi, Wmv, Mov, Rm, Asf formats (video formats).

For space economy reasons the posters are compressing the files using WinRar, WinZip or 7Zip compression programms. This means that you have to get these programs if you want to uncompress the files you download.

Because of the rules of RS (RapidShare) the files cannot be bigger that 100 MB. So if a movie is bigger than 100 MB posters split it in smaller parts either using the compression program or another application called HJSplit.

If you download a single file (less than 100 MB) you only have to Unrar or Unzip it (using a given password if there is any) and watch the video.

If a file is bigget than 100 MB then you have to download all parts of this file to extract the video(s).

These files will be in rar format
filename.part1.rar
filename.part2.rar
filename.part3.rar etc

-or-
filename.rar
filename.r01
filename.r02 etc

-or-

in zip format
filename.zip
filename.z01
filename.z02
-or-

in HJsplit format
filename.rar.001
filename.rar.002
filename.rar.003 etc
(the extention of files in HJSplit format is an increasing number)
Notice here that the middle extention (rar) in HJSplit files may not be necessarily rar. It may be avi or wmv or rm or ram etc. (filename.avi.001 ...)

If the files are in rar format then you have to start the extraction from the very first file (filename.part1.rar, filename.rar, filename.zip). The easiest way to do this is to right click this file and in the winzip or winrar selection select "extract here".

If the file is in HJSplit format you have to join all files together and then extraxt them using the required compression program. To join files just start the HJSplit application and select JOIN. In the dialog box browse to select the first file (extention 001) and then select START. After the joining process you will get the result file.

You can find the required application :

WinRar3.62 at:
http://rapidshare.com/files/8545618/wrar362.exe

HJSplit, RapidGet, RapidUploader and 7Zip at :
http://rapidshare.com/files/8544998/prds.rar

WinZip 10.0.6699 at:
http://rapidshare.com/files/8545961/WinZip10.0.6699.rar

Hope this helps a bit (if only you can understand my english :skull-red )

kinkyone
12-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Great post man .... i am sure it will help a lot of people ......

Nice ....

Sodoman
12-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Even though you probably did a better detailed job with your post, I also posted the same info in the "movie info" thread, :D

rajaryan_13
12-23-2006, 04:46 AM
good informative thread

atefec
12-25-2006, 03:11 PM
:skull-thu Well done! This one should be sticky!

almisivi
01-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I agree this should be on sticky, I'll bump it.

Sanitarium
01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks a lot guys!

But this is mod's decision, not mine.