PDA

View Full Version : Diana car crash owner wants his car back

clan_hunter
12-04-2006, 08:04 AM
The owner of the car in which Diana, Princess of Wales, died is demanding it is returned to him - so he can sell it as a souvenir

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/04122006/140/diana-crash-car-owner-wants-1m.html

Thats fucked up, sick prick, if it was his kid or family member that died, would he sell it then to make a few bucks.

Sort of prat that would sell his mother for $5

ego
12-04-2006, 08:20 AM
He could make dice from his mother's bones....

Wiz
12-04-2006, 08:51 PM
When all is said and done, it is his property after all. It occurs to me that he is within his rights to ask that his property be returned to him.

While this guy may be perceived as a heartless bastard who's morally and ethically bankrupt, I'm sure that he sees himself simply a businessman looking to turn a buck and increase his net worth. Unfortunately, in business today, it seems that a conscience is widely viewed as a handicap. It's naive to expect to find oodles of ethics and morality in business when it's driven almost exclusively by greed and the bottom line.

ego
12-05-2006, 08:24 AM
I think i would do the same....

LeParas
12-06-2006, 08:33 AM
When all is said and done, it is his property after all. It occurs to me that he is within his rights to ask that his property be returned to him.

While this guy may be perceived as a heartless bastard who's morally and ethically bankrupt, I'm sure that he sees himself simply a businessman looking to turn a buck and increase his net worth. Unfortunately, in business today, it seems that a conscience is widely viewed as a handicap. It's naive to expect to find oodles of ethics and morality in business when it's driven almost exclusively by greed and the bottom line.

You´re right the car is still his property.
And then think about this:Who is a more heartless bastard,the guy who sales a car in which a princess died,or the former CEO from ENRON?

Rheostatic
12-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Perhaps a more sensitive approach would be to approach the Royal Family first and sign over the ownership for reasonable compensation, so that they may have it properly scrapped.

Another interesting question. You total your car, but walk away from the accident. Do you retain ownership, or is it just sent to the scrap yard to be dealt with. Do the owners receive any compensation for the spare parts?

clan_hunter
12-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Dont disagree that its his vehicle, he retains ownership unless the insurance has paid out which i imagine it has given he has to run a business, then it belongs to them.

Thought i would just scrap it out of respect rather than try and profit from two deaths, that is the issue not the ownership.