PDA

View Full Version : Insulting in Rowdy Room

redbaron
08-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Mates, after following some threads it seems like some of the contributors are getting disturbed of some of the insults in Rowdy Room. I have been writing everything that comes to my mind without a second thought or any justification behind in this place.

I have a question: Is a mindless and personal insult to a specific contributer in Rowdy Room considered as Rude? If that's so I'll be more careful about my posts.

Sternenlied
08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
We don't mind discussions that include the occasional insults (we don't mind insults meant to be fun as well of course).
We just had so many members abusing the Rowdy Room and its freedom to wage war on other members while contributing nothing else to the forum but flame wars. That is what we want to abandon.
So don't worry, the occasional heat in an argument still isn't a problem. Should it turn into one you will be told before anything official happens. The only ones to be worried are the exclusive trolls I mentioned before.

Sternenlied
08-20-2008, 02:50 PM
On a personal note: Some might want to consider the path redbaron took ... he simply asked about an issue concerning him and the board without losing it from the beginning.
Nice to know such people still exist as well ... :)

redbaron
08-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Nice to know such people still exist as well ... :)

:o

MARADONA
08-20-2008, 06:41 PM
We don't mind discussions that include the occasional insults (we don't mind insults meant to be fun as well of course).
We just had so many members abusing the Rowdy Room and its freedom to wage war on other members while contributing nothing else to the forum but flame wars. That is what we want to abandon.
So don't worry, the occasional heat in an argument still isn't a problem. Should it turn into one you will be told before anything official happens. The only ones to be worried are the exclusive trolls I mentioned before.
I understand what you said and for some ways you are right. But i still don't know exactly what is a troll for you.

[m[o_o]m]
08-20-2008, 07:47 PM
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, ... <-from wiki...i would add they always flame too...really it comes from the old BBS/newgroups lingo...and the best way to get rid of one is just ignore them...or..heh with the more modern www forums like RB that has sexy mods they just ban the azzhole :D but which you cant really do on a news server.

Sternenlied
08-21-2008, 09:05 AM
A "troll" (here: on an internet forum) is a person who doesn't actually contribute to the board's intended purpose, doesn't take part in the socializing on the forum, doesn't do anything ... except disturb the board and it's "population" by starting fights all over, posting random rubbish, attacking members, moderators, discussions, etc. ... in essence: people who just want to make trouble.

sindyloo
08-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Cool so I am doing something right then!?:skull-thu :skull-thu :skull-big

Watch out I dont pull you under the bridge!:)

Noir
08-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Cool so I am doing something right then!?:skull-thu :skull-thu :skull-big

Watch out I dont pull you under the bridge!:)

You aren't convincing with the amount of rep you have. :(

Get it below 0 and things start looking better! :p

MARADONA
08-21-2008, 05:09 PM
A "troll" (here: on an internet forum) is a person who doesn't actually contribute to the board's intended purpose, doesn't take part in the socializing on the forum, doesn't do anything ... except disturb the board and it's "population" by starting fights all over, posting random rubbish, attacking members, moderators, discussions, etc. ... in essence: people who just want to make trouble.
Yes i know it's just that i don't think to "fit" too much in this definition...

redbaron
08-21-2008, 06:51 PM
I'll go under the bridge with you sindyloo !!!!!
:skull-big :skull-big :skull-big

May I, may I too?????