PDA

View Full Version : Are Fetishes Hereditary?

kodavictimm
08-18-2006, 07:46 PM
The question we have raised some times is about if a fetish like like rape or sleepy sex or a foot fetish can be learned or is it something we are borned with?

I had before some times believed we learn this things. I remember liking feets as early as I can remember and thought it was because of my mother and my being foot problems when I was borned.

But the truth today is that I have chenged my mind. I just did it today. I found out that my seven months old grandson who has not seen any foot problems or is too old to know what stuff is will suck his momma's toes when he gets on the couch with her. It just camed up in conversation today and she does not know I like feet. It was joking about his not sucking his thumb much and she says "oh but he likes to suck my toes when I'm lying on the couch and he's on the couch too."

So maybe I think now that it is in his blood. He already looked like me baby pictures so I know he is part me! And I wonder if he will turn into rape fantasy liker too or now if that fetish will avoid him?

Sodoman
08-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I think you are seeing that in the wrong light. By that I mean a toe, to a baby, would certainly look similar to a thumb. Also it's in a baby's nature to put things in their mouth, tis why you have to make sure there is nothing small lying around that they could swallow and choke on. Especially if they are teething, then not only do they put things in there mouth to chew on to try and relieve the pain but they are quite cranky. :D Oh as far as the whole fetish being inherited, well, I don't think so personally but anything is possible. I think fetishes are learned, now I do believe they can be learned from a very young age. That's just my opinion. Very good question.

kodavictimm
08-18-2006, 09:17 PM
I at first thought maybe it was the anything in the mouth thing but at this age so far he does not do his thumb much and many babys will put their own toes in their mouth but he has not been seen doing that. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I resisted the urge to shout out That's My Boy! :D

MKP4
08-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Sexual tendancy (not fetish necessarily) can be hereditary.
Fetishes are generally cultural and experiential.

That meaning, if you're parent had very high sex-drives, you may too. This can even carry into sexual orientation, age of sexual awareness, etc.

Fetishes are generally spawned by something you experience at the time of sexual awareness that your brain associates as sexually positive. You cultivate these feelings as the brain starts to give sexual urges some context.

The advent of television and the media has given the world a whole slew of sexual fetishes as the variation in visual and audio experiences are brought to developing youths in ways never previously available.

That is one possible reason why fetishes and mild kinkiness is becoming more and more acceptable. The classical idea of sexuality (good clean sex) is challenged as variations are infused by the broadly availably media depicting different forms of sensuality.

I'm fairly sure that refutes that fetishes are wholly passes on by genes alone.

Good question.

Sodoman
08-19-2006, 01:04 AM
That's funny Koda, :D

Rheostatic
08-19-2006, 09:38 AM
I at first thought maybe it was the anything in the mouth thing but at this age so far he does not do his thumb much and many babys will put their own toes in their mouth but he has not been seen doing that. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I resisted the urge to shout out That's My Boy! :D
Funny. However I do have to agree with sodomon, it think it's more an exploration thing. One of the possible reasons is that his mother's toes have their own inherent scent that is pleasing, because it is associated with "mommy". It would be interesting to see if it develops into anything.

You and I know better than anyone, podophilia is probably the most common fetish that exists, and I have laid down a number of theories elsewhere to explain why. If he does show tendencies, you will probably see it before anyone else, and can really be a help in answering his questions when he reaches an appropriate age.

Fla Force Fantasy Man
08-19-2006, 10:18 PM
I think it is half and half

I think if you have a very creative soul you get bored with regular sex and want to push the evelope.

But at the same time upbringing can also influence

One lady friend of mine enjoyed it because she was raped in real life and the pretend was therapy for her because re enacting it she was in control (even though I was forcing her)

Interesting

Sternenlied
08-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Also it's in a baby's nature to put things in their mouth ...

Not only in a baby's ... :D ;)

I think it's not that simple to explain. There's no general answer to that, since (in my opinion) sexual preferences and their development are far too individual to relate them to one single explanation.
They're not too different from any other likes and dislikes you got. I mean why do you like a certain sport, way of clothing, music, whatever?

Sodoman
08-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Very good point, Stern! ;)

Becka
08-22-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know the answer to this question and I am not going to offer solid scientific evidence either way...All I have to add is that my precious little toddler son has the nasty habit of picking up random pieces of rope or string and tying up the pink power ranger and his supergirl action figure. I'm sure there is a perfectly 'normal' explanation for it but ... DAMN!

B. :)

Sodoman
08-22-2006, 08:50 PM
That's so cute and funny! Bondage Ranger! :D

Rheostatic
08-23-2006, 06:55 AM
Guess we'll be seeing him on here in about 15 years or so.

MarcEdeSade
08-23-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm sure it's like allergy theorey.

The current wisdom goes; allergies are not hereditary, but the tendancy to become allergic can be...

a child may be predisposed to become allergic to things, but which things it becomes allergic to are based on what allergens they're exposed to.

While I severely doubt a fetish can be hereditary, It is likely that the tendancy to have a fetish of some sort has a genetic component.

I know a 3 year old who jacks off to dora the explorer. I'm sure he'll have a fetish for latina women for the rest of his life.

Sodoman
08-23-2006, 01:59 PM
A 3 year old? :confused:

MarcEdeSade
08-23-2006, 02:37 PM
A 3 year old? :confused:

It's cute, really!

If left alone watching Dora the explorer (and only that show), as soon as no-one is around, he starts playing with it...Someone walks in, he stops, but you can tell....

nothing wrong with it. Just means he's exploring that side of himself. most kids do at that stage of development. it usually subsides in first grade, to awake with a vengeance at puberty.

Sodoman
08-23-2006, 03:20 PM
You are right and that's funny...Lol

Rheostatic
08-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Oh yeah, baby, you know what I like!

Sodoman
08-24-2006, 01:25 PM
OMG.... :rolleyes: :D

MKP4
08-26-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh yeah, baby, you know what I like!

Today the part of Gal4 will be played by Rheostatic.

Rheostatic
08-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Today the part of Gal4 will be played by Rheostatic.
Wow, I suddenly feel dirty. And possibly a little psychotic.

MKP4
08-26-2006, 10:44 AM

Funny how here, its actually a compliment.

kodavictimm
08-26-2006, 10:49 AM

Just a little? :)